Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Song: 迷惑




Today I listened to this song again on the train back home, it's such a classic that I have to write about it. The singer of this song (translated as "Mesmerized" or "Mystified") is Sally Yeh (葉蒨文), my fav female singer who was born in Taiwan and raised in Canada. She was such a BEAUTY back in the 80's, great body & great face, to me the prettiest of all HK singers (of course there were other beauties as well eg. Vivian Chow 周慧敏; Karen Tong 湯寶如; Winnie Lau 劉小慧 etc). Here are 2 photos of Sally.



"迷惑" was the theme song for a 1985 movie "愛神一號" ("Cupid One"), music and arrangement by Violet Manyee Lam (林敏怡) while lyrics by her brother Andrew Manchung Lam (林敏驄). The song has characteristics of light jazz and Bossa Nova, the rhythm is relaxing and vibrant, melody is nice and flowing, it's hard to hear great Chinese songs like this these days.


迷Mystified - Sally Yeh


Lyrics/Music/Arrangement:

Lyrics: 9/10
Music: 9.5/10
Arrangement: 10/10

誰在這對望眼中呆住了我﹖
難道就是愛動人心窩﹖
看著迎著閃閃眼波﹐
令我想從新開始過﹐
重亮了﹐淡退的心火。

誰在這對望眼中擒住了我﹖
流露著示愛默然聲波。
我像迷住了的企鵝﹐
在你身旁癡癡的坐﹐
誰令我沒法可想不觸摸﹖

每點溫馨溫馨的感覺﹐
在我心中心中輕撲﹐
還讓腦裡腦裡的膈膜漸漸退落﹗
每點溫馨溫馨的感覺﹐
在我心中心中淺擱﹐
如在我俏俏耳邊輕奏著絃樂。

7 comments:

  1. Quite like the music by the Lam family. I'm also impressed by 敏怡's music composed for many Hong Kong movies as background music.

    ReplyDelete
  2. true, Violet and Andrew Lam are recognised as two of the most prolific songwriters in the 80's, quite famous in HK. as to movies, havent watched many, but the music for "傾城之戀" and "縱橫四海" are good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL~~ They're the movies I'm referring to... Well, there are still some more but I guess I can't think of much for the time being. But I might come up with those later on ^^__^^
    BTW, I hate my stupid mainland blog system. Was trying to reply your msg yesterady but I tried again and again and again, and got deleted again and again and again. So that i used chinese eventually and it worked, jesus christ!

    ReplyDelete
  4. u actually know about these movies? wow, u do know ALOT about HK....

    mainland websites & forums, they r the worst in the world with respect to freedom of expression. they limit every word, every picture, every video u post, deleting without reasons as soon as "sensitive" materials are detected. that's why i rarely go to mainland websites =(

    ReplyDelete
  5. hahaha can't agree more! They censor everything basically. My goodness did we say anything "sensitive"? But i guess as you said, they delete stuff without a reason, and the official definition of "sensitive" materials is not sth of our commmon sense i suppose. Plus i do think a longer piece of english comment is sth out of their control (and think about most of them who do not understand english that well), so that they simply delete them for good. sigh~~ next time when you post a msg to me, you'd better copy & paste to save it somewhere... I hate recalling my memories and retyping everything once more.
    you know what, i remembered when i was really young, dad bought a great deal of LDs from HK for both HK and US movies, and very latest ones. Some of those have no subtitles even so that they were quite hard for us to understand (at that time I didn't really know canton or eng, while now my parents still do not understand both that well). And these 2 movies are sort of my favourite! Simply love them so much~~ So that when i get a chance i always love to watch them again.
    Monday~~ you got lectures? I've got one now. Talk to you later. Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Official mainland definition of "sensitive" is so ridiculous and unreasonable that no reasonable person can interpret it that way....ah well, thx for ur advice, i'll certainly keep a copy of long comments in the future =)
    your dad works in HK? wow, no wonder u r such a HK fanatic,hehe! Yup, at the time u wrote this message i was at a lecture....can't wait till the weekend! have a great weekend (in advance haha!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. No lah, no one in my family's in hk. Dad bought those discs from his trip there haha. My passion towards hk has simply no reason.
    Thanks, you enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete